English

EM launches in North America with opening of New York office

27 May 2016

EM, the leading financial and corporate communications agency for emerging markets clients, has opened an office in New York to expand its global offering.

 

The office will initially be staffed by EM’s Thomas Kiehn and Sergii Pershyn, who bring years of experience of advising clients in emerging markets on financial, corporate and crisis communications. EM’s offering in North America is further reinforced by Quinn Martin, who has been a senior consultant to the firm since 2014.

 

EM’s presence in North America’s main financial centre strengthens its global offering as the agency expands its international client base. The New York office is EM’s fourth, following its successful launch in Hong Kong in September 2015, in addition to long-established offices in London and Moscow.

TK SP NYC

 

Tom Blackwell, CEO of EM, said: “This is a major milestone for EM, as we build out the number-one global communications offering for corporates in Russia and other emerging markets. Despite the current political environment, North America continues to be an important destination for our core client base, with around 25% of Russian shares still held by US and Canadian investors.”

 

“Establishing a presence in New York should further reinforce our dominant position in the Russian market.  Since our inception in 2010, we have grown revenue by an average of 30% every year.  At the same time, we have gone from zero to close to 40% market share, and suffice to say, we have the remaining 60% firmly in our sights.  And that’s just Russia.”

Back to news list